10 Treats to Try for Nut Lovers in KL & Selangor
1. Almond Soup at Thirdwave, Bangsar South
Thirdwave calls this recipe ‘The Blur Islands’ –a lake of Spanish-inspired ajoblanco chilled almond soup with squid moulded into tender, fleshy pan-fried cakes, ringed with marinated grapes, chilli & dill oil, & served with sourdough bread
Address: Unit 1-11, Level 1, Nexus, 59200 Bangsar South
2. Pistachio Pralines at Chocolate Concierge, Bangsar Shopping Centre
Pistachio pralines are a highlight, but nut lovers can also enjoy other treats by this retailer such as chocolate brittles with roasted almonds or pecans.
Address: Ground Floor, Bangsar Shopping Centre
3. Macadamia Sauce Pancakes at Beary Potter, Connaught Avenue
There’s a pleasantly punchy flavour to these pancakes, thanks to the creamy, nutty sauce.
Address: A-1-9, Connaught Avenue, Taman Connaught, Bukit Cheras
4. Pecan Pies at Bowery Petit, Taman Tun Dr Ismail
Fresh-from-the-oven pecan pies are a top temptation at Bowery Petit’s desserts display counter.
Address: 48 Persiaran Zaaba, Taman Tun Dr Ismail
5. Hazelnut &Chocolate Fried Pastries at Hubba Hubba, Lorong Ceylon
Served warm, these crunchy pleasures reveal a gooey centre, nicely complemented by the nuts.
Address: Ground Floor, Invito Hotel Suites
6. Peanut Butter French Toast at Fifth Palate, Kota Damansara
Spread thickly over the toast, the peanut butter shines in a sweet-salty ensemble together with bacon and vanilla ice cream.
Address: Block D-G-1, Encorp Strand Garden Office
Read Review: Fifth Palate at Kota Damansara: Restaurant Review
7. Cashew & Buckwheat Granola at Jac’s On The 8th, Ara Damansara
Nuts are consistently recommended as a healthy snack – Jac’s ensures they live up to that reputation with this breakfast recipe that nutritionists would likely favour.
Address: G-G-8, Jalan PJU 1A/20A, Dataran Ara Damansara
Read Review: Review: Jac’s On The 8th at Ara Damansara
8. Crushed Walnuts Affogato at Rebellions, Kota Damansara
The walnuts add a crunchy bite to this ice-cream-with-coffee classic.
Address: 2-1 Jalan PJU 5/4, Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara
Read Review: Rebellions at Kota Damansara: Restaurant Review
9. Santiago Almond Cakes at Marta’s Kitchen, Desa Sri Hartamas
These kitchen-made cakes hit the sweet spot, prepared by a Spanish-born chef now living in KL.
Address: The Signature, Jalan Sri Hartamas 2
10. Macadamia Nuts & Chocolate Cake at Skillet At 163, Fraser Place
Nuts and chocolate – a can’t-fail combination, elevated to elegant new heights with this dessert.
Address: 163 Fraser Place, Jalan Perak
Read Review: Skillet At 163 at Fraser Place: Restaurant Review