December 1st, 2022
Strongbow Nature Remix Lab with Enfin by James Won: Special cocktails
Strongbow has launched a space to brew experimental ideas and ingenuity called the Strongbow Nature Remix Lab. Collaborating with Enfin by James Won, the team at Enfin created a degustation menu inspired by Strongbow and paired with Strongbow cocktails concocted by bartenders from top speakeasy bars in KL, 61 Monarchy, IKKI, and Sparrow.
Through a series of experimentation, bartender Jason Julian of 61 Monarchy has concocted three cocktails of exciting flavours and equally appealing aesthetically:
- The Gold Mule: a mix of rum with a hint of spiciness from ginger syrup and sliced ginger completed with the sweetness of Strongbow Apple Ciders Gold.
- Sundown Cooler: a mix of refreshing Strongbow Apple Ciders Honey with tequila, ginger liqueur and a touch of herbs; a cocktail to be enjoyed slowly as the day ends.
- Garden of Eden: fresh and fruity, the combination of gin with cucumber and lemon juices offers a refreshing taste with every sip heightened by the sweet floral aroma of Strongbow Apple Ciders Elderflower.
Also, Osmund Bernard at IKKI stayed true to his signature style of Japanese-inspired cocktails as he concocted three sophisticated mixes fusing Strongbow cider:
- Shinsena: a simple marriage of natural flavours and an uplifting floral taste of Strongbow Apple Ciders Elderflower with gin and lemon juice
- Sawayaka: heightening the pleasant and refreshing flavours of Strongbow Apple Ciders Gold with gin, apple syrup and mint leaves for a natural mix
- Biru Soba: a robust twist on a well-known classic, this tasty refresher gives tartness of whisky balanced with the sweetness of Strongbow Apple Ciders Honey.
Finally, bartender and owner of Sparrow Bar, Shawn Chong, played with fresh tastes and an underlying Asian reference when approaching the Strongbow cocktails:
- White White Pitcha: straightforward recipe mixed with complete precision. A sweet and fresh medley perfected with the infusion of lychee, peach and lemon with Strongbow Apple Ciders Elderflower.
- Calling Honey: a summer’s brew of fruity bursts for a lightly sweetened cocktail with a smooth body by Strongbow Apple Ciders Honey. A flawless soon-to-be classic.
- PJ 59: An Asian classic, the Asamboi-fused cocktail draws a familiar flavour into a creative cocktail, completed with the sweet and crisp flavours of Strongbow Apple Ciders Gold.
Two more cocktails joins the list – created by mixologist Jeffri S. at renowned bar and restaurant Enfin by James Won. Inspired by the base flavours of Strongbow itself, Jeffri offers a twist in flavour that takes one through a whole new experience:
- Dream Geisha: a fresh concoction remixing Strongbow Apple Ciders Elderflower with a selection of crisp liquors and fresh juices
- Woodfire: an aromatic cocktail of stronger, sweeter notes combining Strongbow Apple Ciders Honey with vodka and sweet juices. The blend of honey together with cinnamon and grapefruit gives it a unique spicy and sweet flavor.
You can sip on these cocktails at the respective bars until 25th September, and why not enjoy the degustation menu at Enfin by James Won while you’re at it to complete the experience.