November 19th, 2020
Penang Asian Food and Culture Festival
Featuring the best of Asian cuisine from Japan to Indonesia, five countries come together to showcase an amazing cultural culinary experience in five different malls for an epic epicurean adventure.
Perfect for the upcoming long weekend, the festival will also feature cultural performances and activities celebrating each county by art installations, cooking and cultural workshops and demonstrations, and games in addition to the pop-up street food specialties.
Expect worldwide favorites and zany creations such as the traditional Japanese ramen-eating experience, and the fascinating Indomie doughnut from Indonesia!
The three-day festival will be held simultaneously across the state in the following venues:
- Gurney Paragon Mall – Japan
- 1st Avenue Mall – Thailand
- Gurney Plaza – China
- Sunway Carnival Mall -Indonesia
- Queensbay Mall – South Korea
As part of the initiative for Penang going green, visitors are encouraged to bring their own containers, tiffin carriers, and reusable cutlery, as well as minimize usage of plastic bags and straws. Remember to also clean up after yourself and do not litter!
Details and location:
Date: 13 – 15 September 2019
Hours: 10am – 10pm
- Gurney Paragon Mall, Gurney Drive, 10250 George Town, Penang
- 1ST AVENUE, 128, Jalan Magazine, 10300 George Town, Penang
- 170, Gurney Drive, Pulau Tikus, 10250 George Town, Penang
- Sunway Carnival Mall 3068, Jalan Todak Pusat Bandar Seberang Jaya, Seberang Jaya, 13700 Perai, Penang (mainland)
- Queensbay Mall, 100, Persiaran Bayan Indah, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang