Boathouse at One City Subang Skypark: Restaurant Review
No Longer in Operation.
Returning to Malaysia, here’s perhaps the closest equivalent to fittingly share this entry: Boathouse opened its second outlet this year, spreading its wings from its long-enduring venue in Taman Tun Dr Ismail to a new perch on the One City complex’s 10th-floor Skypark rooftop in Subang.
Porky recipes hog the limelight here too, from the house special of 400 grams of spare ribs (RM29 for 4-5 pieces) marinated overnight in Paulaner wheat beer & served with coleslaw …
… to what the menu calls ‘pig’s balls & skin’ (RM26), featuring ‘balls’ of minced meat & ham wrapped in a ‘skin’ of streaky bacon, shallow-fried till they’re crispy outside & tender at the centre, served with a ‘boat’ saucer of apple-infused Guinness sauce.
And of course, there’s plenty of beer to partner with the meat. RM29 for the Johann Auer (500ml bottle).
Pleasant memories here; it’d be nice to have more wide-open spaces like this in the Klang Valley, both on land & in the sky.
Sky Park, One City, Jalan USJ 25/1, Subang Jaya, Selangor
What are your thoughts about Boathouse? Post a thought in the comments below.
- 9 Places For Vietnamese Banh Mi Sandwiches in KL and Selangor
- 7 Places in KL to Visit for Ladies Night
- 8 Places for Mexican Food in KL and Selangor
- 5 Cupcake Outlets to Check Out Around Klang Valley
- 15 Vegetarian Meals to Try in KL and Selangor
- 5 Great Pizza Places in KL
- 5 Romantic Restaurants to Check Out in KL
- 11 Burger Places You Should Know in KL